Uganda is one of the smallest countries located in East Africa. The country is popularly named as the ‘Pearl of Africa’ and is well known for watching mountain gorillas. It is one the favourite travel destinations for adventure lovers and the region is rich in terms of culture, natural vegetation and wildlife species. There are several cultural tourist spots in Uganda that travelers love to visit during their trip.
Popular cultural tourist spots in Uganda:
Here is a complete list of the famous cultural spots located in the picturesque land of Uganda:
- Kings Palace (Bulange Mengo) – The famous historical palace was reigned by Kabaka (king of Buganda). The palace was built in the year 1885 and is used to serve as Buganda’s parliament building.
- Bahai Temple – The temple is well known for its amazing architectural designs and tented garden that is spread across 30 hectares of the region. The temple is located on top of Kikaya Hill in Kampala.
- Kasubi Royal Tombs – The cultural site welcomes thousands of tourists all round the year. The tomb signifies the burial of the respected kings of Buganda.
- Kabaka’s Lake – This Lake is located near the Bulange Mengo and is spread across five acres on the outskirts of Kampala. The lake originated during the reign of Kabaka Mwanga (in 1880) as he loved to enjoy the fun of fishing and swimming. Tourists indulge in a trip to the historical lake to enjoy some fun activities like birding and spot fishing.
- Rubaga & Namirembe Cathedrals – The protesting missionaries built the Namirembe Cathedral in the year 1903. The Rubaga cathedral was established in the year 1880 and is located on the Rubaga hills.
- Katareke Prison Ditch – The historical prison depicts the story of the brutal and violent Buganda History. One of the powerful Buganda King used to put all his brothers and sisters into imprisonment and kill them brutally. The popular cultural site reminds the tourists about the harsh regime of the brutal king in Buganda.
- The Uganda Museum – The museum displays diversified collection of Uganda’s cultural heritage and traditional lifestyle of the inhabitants. The historical museum was constructed in the year of 1908 with the aim to preserve the rich cultural aesthetics and value of Uganda’s history. Some of the popular objects showcased in the museum include musical instruments, hunting weapons, and archeology.
Ababa Uganda Safaris offers Cultural Sites Tour in Uganda with best Packages for our tourist visitors for interact with the local peoples culture, heritage & tradition. For more details, Please VISIT